Author Topic: Tut : The Saga Ends  (Read 761 times)

Offline Aaruni Kaushik

• The Creator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Tut : The Saga Ends
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:54:41 am »
Finally, the cause of king Tut's death has been established.

There are no surviving records of Tutankhamun's final days. What caused Tutankhamun's death has been the subject of considerable debate. Major studies have been conducted in an effort to establish the cause of death.

Although there is some speculation that Tutankhamun was assassinated, the consensus is that his death was accidental. A CT scan taken in 2005 shows that he had suffered a left leg fracture shortly before his death, and that the leg had become infected. DNA analysis conducted in 2010 showed the presence of malaria in his system, leading to the belief that malaria and leiomyoma combined led to his death. On September 14, 2012, ABC News presented a theory about Tutankhamun's death from lecturer and surgeon Dr. Hutan Ashrafian, who believed that temporal lobe epilepsy caused the fatal fall which broke Tutankhamun's leg.

Finally in late 2013, Egyptologist Dr. Chris Naunton and scientists from the Cranfield Institute performed a "virtual autopsy" of the boy king, revealing a pattern of injuries down one side of his body. Car-crash investigators then created computer simulations of chariot accidents. Dr. Naunton concluded Tutankhamun was killed in a chariot crash: a chariot smashed into him while he was on his knees, shattering his ribs and pelvis. As well, Dr. Naunton referenced Howard Carter's records of the body having been burnt. Working with anthropologist Dr. Robert Connolly and forensic archaeologist Dr. Matthew Ponting, they produced evidence that Tutankhamun's body was burnt while sealed inside his coffin. Embalming oils combined with oxygen and linen had caused a chemical reaction, creating temperatures of more than 200 °C. Dr. Naunton said, "The charring and possibility that a botched mummification led to the body spontaneously combusting shortly after burial was entirely unexpected."

Sources: Wikipedia , UberFacts
HP Pavillion G6, Intel Core i5 3230M @ 2.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1 GB Radeon HD7670M 500 GB HDD, Linux Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education" - Albert Einstein

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. ; Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. ; Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? ; Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Me on FB, My Blog, Me on SteamMe on Twitter, About Me